Skip to main content

Brief History of the First CHOG, Lima, OH.


Scope and Contents

A married couple who were converted at the Springfield Camp meeting on Aug. 12, 1910 began giving out tracts in Lima.

Scope and Contents

Cottage prayer meetings and tent meetings were held.

Scope and Contents

Sunday School organized in 1913 in a private home. Location on Vine St.

Scope and Contents

Frame of a building was erected on a lot purchased on May 10, 1915. Dedication on July 16, 1916.

Scope and Contents

Pastors who served at the church listed.

Scope and Contents

Fire destroyed interior and church basement on Feb. 8, 1934.

Scope and Contents

Radio program, "Sunshine Program," was sponsered by the church.

Scope and Contents

New church building erected and dedicated on Dec. 12, 1942.

Scope and Contents

Parsonage purchased in 1944.

Scope and Contents

Educational annex constructed in 1949-1950.


  • From the Series: Creation: 1949 - 1950
  • From the Series: Event: Describing events from 1881 - 1948



8 Sheets

Language of Materials

From the Series: English


Repository Details

Part of the Anderson University and Church of God Archives Repository

1100 E. 5th St
Anderson IN 46012 United States