John L. Williams
Found in 13 Collections and/or Records:
Successful services held in various homes in 1931. Sunday school was conducted in school house and in the Community Hall. Buildign was erected and dedicated on July 17, 1939.
A married couple who were converted at the Springfield Camp meeting on Aug. 12, 1910 began giving out tracts in Lima.
Writer converted on August 15, 1901, at the age of 22, while attending the Elementon camp meeting. Her oldest sister was Wilda Weigle. Wilda's daughter was Edma Mae Anderson.
Message of the CHOG was brought to the community via the Gospel Trumpet while it was published at Grand Junction, Michigan. It is not known how the Gospel Trumpet paper was brought there.
Letter summaries the history of CHOG in Lansing, Michigan, beginning with C.S. Sisler in 1909. At the time, there were only 3-4 members of CHOG in the city but served other congregations in surrounding area. Then with financial encouragement from the congregation, the CHOG members in Lansing purchased the abandoned Baptist Church for $1,400. Letter then continues and details the ministry of Henry M. Welder.