Charles O. Lee
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Two devout sisters with another girl became burdened for non-church going people in a certain section of the city. The efforts to establish a CHOG was financed by the girls.
No services conducted for 5 years.
Sunday school organized in April 1935 after having been no church active for these five years.
Locations of services
The church was organized in 1917 in the homes of members. The present church building was purchased from the congregational church. Illinois state camp meeting held in McLean several times, the last being 1942. The church had been through some dark days.
Began in 1897 with prayer meetings in homes of 3 sisters. Soon there was a tent meeting held with Willis and Charles Brown as evangelists. Parsenage purchased under leadership of A. G. Ahrendt.