Skip to main content

History of CHOG in South Dakota


Scope and Contents

History of the Badger CHOG

Meeting held in the Fall of 1903, 19041 and 1905

Church erected in 1906 on land given to the church

CHOG incorporated in June 1908

Purchase of Free Mission Property after selling their first building

New building erected

State camp meeting started in 1905 and went until 1930. Restarted in 1938. Camp meeting held in Brookings in 1939.

State purchased state covention grounds in 1945

Scope and Contents

History of the Brookings CHOG

Scope and Contents

Two sisters became burdened for non-church going people in a certain section of the city.

Scope and Contents

Small Cottage rented. Sunday school begun.

Scope and Contents

No services conducted between the years 1930 and 1935.

Scope and Contents

Sunday school organized teh second time in April 1935.

Scope and Contents

Pastors who served there were mentioned.

Scope and Contents

The CHOG in Aberdeen N. D.

Scope and Contents

CHOG started in 1935 with tent meeting.

Scope and Contents

Small building rented, building purchased and remodelled.

Scope and Contents

Congregation purchased small church in the country and moved it into Aberdeen to use as a parsonage

Scope and Contents

The CHOG at Huron

Scope and Contents

Started by Conrad Anderson while pastoring the Badger CHOG

Scope and Contents

Building rented; Sunday school and preaching services started

Scope and Contents

Building purchased in 1946 on State Fair grounds and moved onto property owned by the congregation in 1947


  • From the Series: Creation: 1949 - 1950
  • From the Series: Event: Describing events from 1881 - 1948



5 Sheets

Language of Materials

From the Series: English

Repository Details

Part of the Anderson University and Church of God Archives Repository

1100 E. 5th St
Anderson IN 46012 United States