L. H. Morgan
Found in 15 Collections and/or Records:
Letter dates CHOG beginning in Moss, MS in 1904 when Mr. and Mrs. G. B. Walters started Sunday school in a log schoolhouse. L. V. Strickland was the first CHOG minister to preach in the area. The first official CHOG building was erected in 1908 with the land donated by L. D Walters. Letter also gives a biographical sketch of T. Otis Matthews.
It contains the healing of L. H. Morgan from tubercolosis. Mentions the opposition directed toward person who accepted the message of the CHOG. The first ordinance and communion service held in home of S. W. Parrish. Mentions the revivals conducted, buildings serving the group, and building funds.