Skip to main content

CHOG in Crowder, Mississippi, 1949


Scope and Contents

Letter dates that the first message of CHOG Reformation delivered in Crowder in 1906 in a Church of Christ. John Cullins, the writer of letter, names N. E. Frye as the first conversion to CHOG message in Crowder. However, it also notes that the congregation was inactive until 1927 until it was revived with services held in private homes and in a school building. The public building was rented for services through the years between the late 1920s-1930s. In 1934, the school house was purchased and services were moved there. The first pastor was Grady Hogue, and the letter gives a short bio on him.


  • Creation: 1949



2 Sheets

Language of Materials

From the Series: English


Repository Details

Part of the Anderson University and Church of God Archives Repository

1100 E. 5th St
Anderson IN 46012 United States