John G. Neff
Found in 10 Collections and/or Records:
Brief review of John G. Neff and Thaddeus Neff and the buildings where the congregation met. Brother Corns requested M. Pearl Smith to write the history.
The church was started by John G. Neff. Mentioned is the first Sunday school organized, Fred W. Hopkins the first pastor, and the erection of the "First Meeting House".
Letter contains a brief history of North Central Missouri beginning in 1898 with Simon Bertschman inviting John Neff and D. O. Teasley to come to Milan. Letter mentions the Gospel Trumpetand a revival meeting held in 1899. Sunday school was organized in the home of S. N. Still in Decemeber of 1917. The church building was constructed in 1918. Then, in 1910, a tent meeting was held and another meeting in Kiksville in 1913. The pastor was listed as J. A. Hauck.