Charles S. Sisler, (Charley)
Found in 10 Collections and/or Records:
Letter describes a tent meeting that occured on June of 1903, the services held in homes before 1922. In 1922, letter notes that the congregation purchased a store building and it became the present church - dedicated on November 24, 1927. Last page of letter is the bios of A.J. Shelly and Mary E. House
Letter summaries the history of CHOG in Lansing, Michigan, beginning with C.S. Sisler in 1909. At the time, there were only 3-4 members of CHOG in the city but served other congregations in surrounding area. Then with financial encouragement from the congregation, the CHOG members in Lansing purchased the abandoned Baptist Church for $1,400. Letter then continues and details the ministry of Henry M. Welder.
Letter contains a short list of names that were chosen to be on the Committee to converge for First Minities Assembly of Michigan. Enclosed with the letter was a separate pamphlet the title Constitution of the Ministerial Assembly of the CHOG in Michigan with the Ministers of the First Assembly with the date Dec. 26 to 30, 1920.
Letter states the beginning of CHOG in Eaton Rapids as July 1937 when sevice began in the rented home of C. J. Decker. The first revival took place in the summer of 1938 as a tent meeting, and the hall that would be the place of worship was first rented in the summer of 1939.