William A. Lambert
Found in 10 Collections and/or Records:
Letter contains a brief history of North Central Missouri beginning in 1898 with Simon Bertschman inviting John Neff and D. O. Teasley to come to Milan. Letter mentions the Gospel Trumpetand a revival meeting held in 1899. Sunday school was organized in the home of S. N. Still in Decemeber of 1917. The church building was constructed in 1918. Then, in 1910, a tent meeting was held and another meeting in Kiksville in 1913. The pastor was listed as J. A. Hauck.
Letter enclosed the dedication book of the Fairbury, Nebraska for CHOG on April 24, 1949. It also mentions the first service of CHOG Reformation in this area held in a school house south of Thompson in 1892 and the locations where the group met for services. Included is also a photo brief comments on Pastor L. I. Diggs as well as a photo of a church with list of building committee members.
Gives information about Della Welch and her husband, who began the CHOG in 1914 in Independence, KS. Includes location of buildings for churches and its dedcation.
The cover letter is penned by Bert James, and states a flood from the Republican River destroyed many church records in 1935. The rest of the letter is the history written by Amy Nealeigh, stating that the first church meeting took place at a camp meeting in September of 1906. A second camp meeting was held in 1920. The letter also mentions details about the construction of the church building, the dedication held on May 1 1921, and then the additions made to the church through the 40s.
Letter contains information on the CHOG in the South Side of St. Louis. The congregation started in a small building in 1924. The letter describes the mission for boys and girls as well as a "nondenominational" Sunday school created by Oliver Jones. The letter also says the congregation of the south side church was from the outgrowth of the boys and girls mission.
Letter contains basic facts about the CHOG in Slater. The services started around 1910-1911 by W. L. Quim in his own apartment over a grocery store. Then, after a tent meeting in 1912, another room in a home was used for worship before the construction of a church building and basement. This was used for serveral years until another property lot was purchased on 219 E. Maple Street.