Skip to main content

D. O. Teasley, ( - 1942)


Found in 52 Collections and/or Records:

"A Look at the Church of God" Scrapbook

 Collection — CHOG 391
Identifier: C-0239

A scrapbook crafted to document the history of the Church of God. Sections are on the early history of the Church of God, the growth of the Church of God, the history of the Gospel Trumpet Company, Camp Meetings for the Church of God, Church of God music, young people outreach, mission trips, Anderson College and other affliated universities with the Church of God, the Christian Brotherhood Hour, and a section on Church of God leaders.

Dates: Event: Materials included in the scrapbook cover the dates of 1870-October 3, 1976; 1978

Beginning of the Church (CHOG) at Philadelphia

Scope and Contents

Church started around the beginning of 1896 with the mission ministry of B. F. Weikel. He was assisted by Ora Howard (age 19). Ora married D. O. Teasely.

Dates: 1949 - 1950; Event: Describing events from 1881 - 1948

Burgess W. Barcus letter

 Item — Box CHOG 178, Folder: B
Scope and Contents

A two page letter giving a brief autobiography about Burgess W. Barcus including a histry of his ministry.

Dates: Event: 1949 - 1950

Charles August Grant autobiography

 Item — Box CHOG 179, Folder: G
Scope and Contents

A five page autobiography giving a detailed descriptiob of Charles August Grant and his ministry work.

Dates: Event: 1949 - 1950

CHOG - Howell Co. Missouri, 11.08.1949

Scope and Contents Letter lists facts about CHOG in Howell County. It mentions the first meeting was in a school house in a private home in 1894. This meeting was led by Nannie Coursey who died in 1929. The custodian (no mentioned name) of Congregational methodist Church opened church for two young preachers to preach for one week. The cusodian, wife and daughter recieved santification and renounced "sectism" causing the congregational methodist church to remove their membership from the church. Letter states...
Dates: 11.08.1949

CHOG in Butler, New Jersey, 04.28.1949

Scope and Contents

Letter details the history of CHOG in Butler beginning with a church founded by Mr. and Mrs. Abram Brandow through the influence of finding a Gospel Trumpet on a train in 1902. A revival meeting was held by D. O. Teasley in the home of Mr. and Mrs. E. B. Jeune. C. J. Blewitt and D. O. Teasley came from a missionary home in New York to preach. In 1910 a church building was originally rented until a property was purchased and a dedication was made in April 1923.

Dates: 04.28.1949

D. O. Teasley

 File — Box CHOG 308
Scope and Contents

Contains biographical material

Dates: Existence: 1881 - 2018; 1944-07-14