Oak Hill, WV CHOG
Scope and Contents
CHOG began in 1903 using the Bethel Baptist Church.
Rented Baptist church until the church "locked the doors" to the people of the CHOG.
Room over store building on Main St. was rented.
First church building was constructed in 1904.
The present building was erected in 1923 on same location as the one built in 1904, according to the letter.
First state camp meeting was held at Oak Hill in 1923.
A brochure was included with the letter. "Historical Sketch of the CHOG in Oak Hill, W. Va." by Grace (Bays) Campell - historian.
- From the Series: Creation: 1949 - 1950
- From the Series: Event: Describing events from 1881 - 1948
- Nilah Bashaw (Person)
Language of Materials
From the Series: English
- Rachel Bailey Rawlinson (Person)
- Henry C. Wickersham (Person)
- W. P. Long (Person)
- Walker Dancy McCraw (Person)
- Maggie Jenkins (Person)
- Jimmy Jenkins (Person)
- Robert Smith (Person)
- Josie Vest (Person)
- E. E. Byrum (Enoch Edwin) (Person)
- A. G. Riddle (Person)
- F. G. Smith (Frederick George) (Person)
- W. V. Sutherland (Person)
- W. F. Jones (Person)
- H. J. Rawlinson (Person)
- I. W. Kinzer (Person)
- H. J. (Bailey) Rawlinson, Sister (Person)