Brief History of the Stoneboro, PA CHOG
Scope and Contents
Short meeting held in 1897.
Prior to 1897, Bro. George Clayton held meetings in a coal mining town.
First meeting, as a group, met in a home.
For 13 years, the group met in store rooms and lodge halls.
Since meeting in a lodge hall did not appeal to the public, a church building was erected in 1911.
Several of the church attended Elemeton Camp Meeting in 1898. Described the poor physical conditions of the facilities.
The group then attended the camp meeting in Moundsville, WV. The writer wrote that they had to pay $0.10 for a meal.
- From the Series: Creation: 1949 - 1950
- From the Series: Event: Describing events from 1881 - 1948
- Will Eynon (Person)
Language of Materials
From the Series: English
- Isaiah S. McCoy (Person)
- J. L. Williams (Person)
- George Clayton, Rev. (Person)
- H. M. Riggle (Person)
- N. S. Duncan (Person)
- J. Grant Anderson (Person)
- F. G. Smith (Frederick George) (Person)
- Dan Ratzlaff, Mr. (Person)
- Dan Ratzlaff, Mrs. (Person)
- A. B. Palmer (Person)
- George L. Cole (Person)
- Willis M. Brown (Person)
- A. D. Kahn (Person)
- (Unidentified) Howards (Person)
- (Unidentified) Schell (Person)
- (Unidentified) Hunter (Person)