R. A. Owens
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Bengtson found CHOG through reading material published by the Swedish Gospel Trumpet. The church began as a Sunday school, revivals were conducted and building lots were given to church.
Letter contains basic facts about the CHOG in Slater. The services started around 1910-1911 by W. L. Quim in his own apartment over a grocery store. Then, after a tent meeting in 1912, another room in a home was used for worship before the construction of a church building and basement. This was used for serveral years until another property lot was purchased on 219 E. Maple Street.