J. M. Harrington
Found in 15 Collections and/or Records:
Letter states that Rev. J. M. Harrington held meetings at a school house in 1906 and at another school house in 1910. Revivals were conducted by Harrington in Christian church at ppreceipts in 1926-1927. The author of the letter, a Mrs. John A. Irwin, noted that Harringont was well loved by the people he served and met. The letter also mentions some details on older ministries.
Letter states that a lot of work was done before August 1940 with events such as a vacant methodist church rented in OCtober 1929 with prayer services held and Sunday school started. The letter also mentions that CHOG bought a building in APril of 1938 which serves as the present day church location as of the time of the letter.
Letter states that the first CHOG preaching in a log church through the years of 1892-1893 and also mentions the retaliation of preachers as well as the sons of George hatch: L.A. Hatch, C. W. hatch, and Ralph Hatch.
The letter details on the CHOG in central Nebraska, and was influenced by Glenn H. Jackson and William H. Hinkle (the author) or establishing a new church. Revivals were held between 1927-1928 by J. M. Harringotn. The writer conducted over 100 revivals in last 19 years. In 1931, Hinkle accepted Reformation Teaching.
Includes the buildings, the influential people of the church, and the first minutes from the first ministerial assembly in Northwest Kansas.