Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
E. L. Voight and H. R. Avery brought the message of the CHOG to Equality, resulting in a few people accepting the message. Includes how property purchased and building the church. The first Sunday school organized on 4/21/1928. The first revival was held May 1929.
There is a cover letter included. The church was started in homes with prayer meetings. It details the visiting ministers and the history of the buildings. In 1945, the building was damaged by a fire pretty badly and a new building was soon erected.
The letter contains a cover letter about a brief encounter that the writer, Pastor J. H. Shirrell had with a revival speaker. The contents of the letter states facts about the church such as a revival service held in July 1922, the location of where the services were held and that a new church was constructed in 1941.