Luke L. Bennett
Found in 11 Collections and/or Records:
A two page letter and short cover letter containing information about many pioneer ministers including Hazel Neal, William Ebel, and the Bennett family. Written by William A. Bixler.
No writer given. Details the beginning of church and the buildings purchased.Includes the program of the dedication service and the organization of the Sunday school.
No writer given. Details how the congregation began by the Evans family and the Sunday school, the various church buildings used for services and the community church in Mt. Zion.
This document contains a three page letter, a one full page letter, and notes from an interview with Mamie Bolds Hands all recording the life of George E. Bolds and his family.
No writer given. Details the beginnings of the church, the buildings purchased, the trustees elected, receiving loan for building, and the influential persons in the starting of the church. Note at top stating that this history was read by Mrs. W. P. Evans in 1930 at a morning service.
Building at Dorr St. and Reynolds Rd. built in 1883, and was as a Union Church for 50 years. A neighborhood association of women was responsible for the overall upkeep of the church and to supply the pulpit with speakers. They wanted to keep the church non-denominational.
The letter states that Brother and Sister O. B. Wilson preached in 1902 in a house owned by W. F. Adock. The church was given permission by a Methodist church to use their building for the CHOG services and then later a building was purchased for services.
Letter contains information on CHOG movements around Morrisville, Mo in 1903 that was titled the Holiness Movement. The meetings were conducted in several locations including a school house, homes, and tents since there was no church buildings. There are mentions of persecution and divine healing was preached. The letter ends with the author claiming to have had a sanctiful life.