Skip to main content

History of the CHOG in Huntingdon, WV, May 12, 1949


Scope and Contents

Reformation truth preached before 1900.

Scope and Contents

Store room rented for services.

Scope and Contents

Tabernacle constructed in 1914 and was used for services until another Tabernacle was built around 1916 in the East end of the town.

Scope and Contents

Property purchased where the present building is located in 1920. The building was moved to the back of the property to make room for the construction of a new brick church.

Scope and Contents

Church was $8,000.00 in debt in 1933.

Scope and Contents

Congregation began to work with the colored people around 1947. The church purchased and constructed a building for the group.

Scope and Contents

Purchased parsonage around 1948.


  • Creation: May 12, 1949



2 Sheets

Language of Materials

From the Series: English


Repository Details

Part of the Anderson University and Church of God Archives Repository

1100 E. 5th St
Anderson IN 46012 United States