History of the Reformation CHOG in the News Port, VA area
Scope and Contents
Letter was written by Mr. M. E. Moore. The letter was sent by Rev. Karl Cameron
The church began with street meetings and cottage prayer services in the summer of 1941.
Meetings were held in M. E. Moore's home.
A store building was purchased for use at the church in October of 1941. It was dedicated in January of 1942.
Original name was Unity Tabernacle of the CHOG to differentiate it from other CHOGs.
Revivals were held
The church was officially organized on March 20 when church officers were chosen.
The store building was sold on April 7, 1944 and another building was purchased. The first service was held on July 8, 1944.
The church purchased White Memorial Methodist Church property in October of 1947 in Morrison, VA.
- From the Series: Creation: 1949 - 1950
- From the Series: Event: Describing events from 1881 - 1948
- M. E. Moore, Mr. (Person)
Language of Materials
From the Series: English