Skip to main content

Beginning of the Slusser's Chapel CHOG, Blacksburg, VA


Scope and Contents

Church began in 1900by three ladies in the area whose last names were Slusser.

Scope and Contents

Church began with Sunday school and prayer services.

Scope and Contents

The first sermon was preached in 1903.

Scope and Contents

Assembly meeting called by the CHOG in September of 1905.

Scope and Contents

Special meetings were conducted.

Scope and Contents

Young people's work was organized in 1920.

Scope and Contents

The first full-time pastor was in 1928.


  • From the Series: Creation: 1949 - 1950
  • From the Series: Event: Describing events from 1881 - 1948



3 Sheets

Language of Materials

From the Series: English

Repository Details

Part of the Anderson University and Church of God Archives Repository

1100 E. 5th St
Anderson IN 46012 United States