A Brief History of the State Organization of the CHOG in Wisconsin, November 15, 1949
Scope and Contents
No records of the work were kept before 1920. If there were records which were kept, they were not turned over to the writer.
Writer came to the state in 1921.
Churches of God assembled as different places for their yearly Camp Meeting prior to 1920. One of these places is now known as Rock Springs.
Five acre land was given to the Reedsburg CHOG by Mrs. August (Wilhelmina) Meyer in 1911 upon which camp meetings were held.
Evangelistic Fund started in 1920 for state evangelism.
By-laws written and adopted for the Evangelistic Society of the CHOG in 1921.
Revised set of by-laws adoped in 1922. Articles of incorporation adopted in 1925.
List of state churches in 1925.
- Creation: November 15, 1949
- Charles H. Whitney (Person)
Language of Materials
From the Series: English
- August Meyer (Person)
- Wilhelmina Meyer (Person)
- L.T. Flynt (Lawrence Tiffany) (Person)
- Ruth Flynt (Person)
- F. R. Gritzmacher (Person)
- A. F. Barnard (Person)
- Arthur Meyer (Person)
- Edward Meyer (Person)
- F. G. Smith (Frederick George) (Person)
- C. R. Millar (Person)
- Forrest Weir (Person)
- Sarah Bishop (Person)
- Charles E. Schrock (Person)
- Christine Lunde (Person)
- Ella Marburger Laveau (Person)