Skip to main content

Church of the Living God History, 1949


Scope and Contents

Letter is written by an unknown source, but could potentially be Mrs. J.R. Hooker. Letter details a short history of The Church of the Living God. D.S. Warner had a western trip that began in 1888. Letter talked about the free will offering plate being a box with a small slit instead of a plate to stop the display of the money. The services were held in homes and mentioned the locations of of meetings and church buildings. Letter briefly mentions the congregation attendence and the first official records kept on the church starting in August of 1891. No musical instruments were used and there were procedures of how Sunday school was organized. Then, in 1906, the church purchased a location where the a camp meeting was held.


  • Creation: 1949



2 Sheets

Language of Materials

From the Series: English


Repository Details

Part of the Anderson University and Church of God Archives Repository

1100 E. 5th St
Anderson IN 46012 United States