Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Letter contains a brief history of CHOG in Colon, stating it was founded by two families and was held in a cottage with the first service held in 1936. Later, a hall was rented and various local speakers came to preach until the Old Reformed church was purchased in 1937 for $500.00. On January 26, 1941, the mortgage for the church was paid off and there was a mortgage burning service. The letter concludes with a few summary sentences of various pastors and their activities.
Letter contains a few facts on the Church in South Haven. Sunday school was organized in 1922, with preaching services conducted in the old people's homes on Monroe blvd.