Samuel J. Brooks
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Letter has a short history timeline of CHOG in Albion, beinning with how Mr. and Mrs. S. T. Rife came to Abion from Scot, OH in a horse wagon to find a place to conduct religious meetings. Sunday school and preaching was held n the home of Mr. and Mrs. Floyd Dean. C. E. Brown was a "boy preacher," and letter concludes with a story of a couple coming from the Dunkard faith.
Letter describes a tent meeting that occured on June of 1903, the services held in homes before 1922. In 1922, letter notes that the congregation purchased a store building and it became the present church - dedicated on November 24, 1927. Last page of letter is the bios of A.J. Shelly and Mary E. House
Letter describes the purchase of an evangelical church in California 1924 and sold to 1937 to Four Square Gospel. In 1940, four CHOG ladies met in the home of Mrs. Addie B. Keiser for prayer services, briefly mentions a school building was purchased and renovated for church and that pastors served.