Samuel Joseph Lane
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
No writer was given. C. M. Beavers invited M. S. Duncan to conduct a revival in July 1913. The church was regarded as a holiness church. It includes the history of locations and mentions some of the pastors.
The church was organized in 1917 in the homes of members. The present church building was purchased from the congregational church. Illinois state camp meeting held in McLean several times, the last being 1942. The church had been through some dark days.
Information given by Mrs. Hester K. Gaither. Mrs. Laura Roach and Sister Rapsilver were instrumental in beginning the church. It includes the location of the buildings and the early pastors.
S. J. Lane found that getting information about the Hoopeston CHOG was difficult and was late in replying due to relatives' deaths. The first pastor was Sister Pheobe Redigar, aka Mrs. Wesley Harrington.