Henry H. Schliep
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Letter states that Rev. J. M. Harrington held meetings at a school house in 1906 and at another school house in 1910. Revivals were conducted by Harrington in Christian church at ppreceipts in 1926-1927. The author of the letter, a Mrs. John A. Irwin, noted that Harringont was well loved by the people he served and met. The letter also mentions some details on older ministries.
Letter states that the first CHOG preaching in a log church through the years of 1892-1893 and also mentions the retaliation of preachers as well as the sons of George hatch: L.A. Hatch, C. W. hatch, and Ralph Hatch.
Letter is on the history of CHOG in Beatrice, NE, beginning with stating that Sister Alsworth was a reader of the Gospel Trumpet. She prayed to God to send a minister to serve the area. E. G. Masters felt called to the area, so he moved to Beatrice to preach. The first tent meeting was conducted in August 1903. Before a church building was purchased in 1906, services were held in a rented church.